Monday, February 14, 2011

2011 - Day Forty Five; Monday (Valentine's Day)...

Interestingly, total strangers are not that willing to let me photograph their feet, but if I ask someone that I am familiar (not that way) with (and especially after a drink or two) there is VERY LITTLE hesitation on their part (or parts). I took this photo in the lobby of the Hyatt on Sunday, and when I showed it to a friend of mine, she said 'Whoever that woman is, she has the longest toes I have ever seen'! Whatever! I am resorting now to 'banked' photos of women's shoes, and I am pretty comfortable that I will make it through the end of the month without having to resort to 'pilfered' photographs from the Internet. ENJOY!

Today I attended the Texas Association of REALTORS Awards Luncheon. There are dozens upon dozens of of volunteers at the State and local levels, and it would be very difficult to acknowledge all of them. I have been tremendously fortunate this year and have been honored with various awards. I sometimes wonder if I have 'peaked' (I am only human, AND full of insecurities like most of us) and there is no place to go but down. ANYWAY, today the Austin Board of REALTORS was awarded the Texas Association of REALTORS Education Program of the Year Award (Category: Legal), and it was for a series of classes I wrote. That was very nice. This is a photo of me along with the Austin Board of REALTORS Director of Professional Development and Education (Sally) and the Chairman of the Austin Board of REALTORS (Judith). I wish I was half as photogenic as Sally and Judith! Look how pretty they are!

On the way home this afternoon, I stopped at the bank and while I was there, I asked if there was an Optometrist in the area. They directed me to a place just a few blocks away, and I stopped in to get my specs adjusted. There was not a single customer in the place, so I asked if I could also get my eyes examined. They said okay, but then 25 minutes later they said they doubted that they could work me in today. It was a good try, and it has been a little over a year since my last exam, but I will try again another time. I was successful in getting my glasses adjusted; now they are not catty-wampus on my face anymore, they just slide down my nose with the slightest provocation. Sometimes the cure is worse than the sickness. Oh well...

Once I got home, Jody reported that he had collected four eggs from the girls. I went out and fed them, and I will shortly go and put them to bed. I also went out and checked on the cattle. I am having trouble with one of the auto-fillers on one of the water troughs, so I cannot just let it go by itself. I have to turn on the water, fill the trough and cut it off. That will be a daily routine for the next several days. I think the earliest I will be able to correct that issue will be Sunday. Not that big of a day anyway...just a little bit of an inconvenience. BUT, I am telling you the truth, the weather was absolutely gorgeous today, so it was really a pleasure to have ANY excuse for being outside. WONDERFUL!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BEAUTIFUL DAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment