Friday, February 25, 2011

2011 - Day Fifty Six; Friday...

Okay, no Friday dance today, but lucky for you guys I am really tired and have almost no memory of the days events! I actually left for the office a little late this morning, but I made it in before 8 o'clock...just barely. A full day of office time which is a true luxury to me these days. My friend Bryan came by and we had a great lunch next door at El Mercados. It was really nice to see him, and we do not get together nearly enough anymore, but he did seem to perk up a little bit when I mentioned we needed to go shopping. We are both pretty avid shoppers!

Finished the afternoon and got lots of things crossed off my to-do list, and I headed home about 3:30. Traffic was not TOO terrible, although I would not really know what to do if traffic congestion on IH-35 ever ended. I have lived here (in central Texas) since 1985, and there have been portions of IH-35 that STOPPED even back then. Some things never change, we just get more-and-more used to the challenges.

I took this photograph this afternoon mostly because I liked the way the shadow was cast on the wall behind the little road runner metal piece. I just thought it was interesting, and I was actually surprised that it is visible in the photo.

Jody collected four eggs from the girls this afternoon, and they were all happy to get fed. I need to go outside and put them to bed for the night when I get this entry finished, and put MYSELF to bed not too long afterwards. Looking forward to sleeping til about 7 o'clock in the morning, but I fear that will never really happen. We shall see.

Three more photos in this theme blog month (after today) and I have a surprise in store for the final day. Hide and watch! This is another photo I took during the TAR Winter Convention a couple weeks ago. I will never look at women's shoes in the same way again. Last night at the Chili Cook-Off I was tired and MY feet hurt, and I asked a woman how she could stand in those shoes all day. Her comments were not fit for print in this fine, upstanding family styled journal. Use your imagination!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SLEEPY TIME, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment