Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2011 - Day Fifty Four; Wednesday...

The clouds this evening were not really that spectacular, but this photo just kind of shows you how VAST the farmland is around here. Nothing much in the way between us and forever. Wonderful. BUT, it seems that beginning yesterday, everyone is out planting, plowing or otherwise doing something with their tractors. I had no idea there was a 'start' to the tractor season, but it must be the case!

Today was a jam-packed day with lots of accomplishments and good work. I went directly to the Board this morning for a 9 o'clock meeting, and the entire thing did not wrap-up until after 2PM. Not an issue, just some things take longer to accomplish than others.

I got to the office, and I was feeling really stressed, but my cracker-jack office folks had everything under control and even when I got two or three (alleged) emergency kinds of calls all at once, they helped me remain calm, cool and collected. Interesting, challenging situations never occur when there is nothing really important to do otherwise. I also think things come in threes as well. Three thises, three thats, three those. Things happen in threes.

I love our chickens! Jody got six eggs from the girls today, and when I went outside to feed them, they were no where in sight. I gave them my 'chicken call' which is somewhat reminiscent of the Vienna Boys Choir on a REALLY bad day, and they all came running. Who knew I/we would ever have 'trained' chickens. My friend Jim is going to get some chickens (I saw him at a Bee Keepers meeting last night) and he said he wants to get the same kinds of chickens that we have 'just in case this does not work out, we are giving the chickens to you'! Okay by me. Interesting, I think I have mentioned to owls that have taken up residence in the front of the property...well, I just realized that I talk differently to the chickens than I do to the Owl. I talk to the Owl pretty much daily, and usually when I am taking food out to the chickens (and the chickens look as if they are being led to their coop by the pied-piper). I sort of screech at the chickens in a really high-pitched voice, but along the way, as I am going out to the coop, I talk to the Owl in a very low-pitched voice. CRAZY!

I think the global-warming theory (or the dooms-day theory of your choosing) has hit the Christmas Cactus. It bloomed beautifully right on schedule during the Holidays, but it has decided it might as well go another round. I love Christmas Cacti, and they always remind me of my Aunt Ruby. She was a really cool lady, and I have lots of stories I could tell you about her and my Uncle Bert...just ask!

Here is your shoe-shot for the day...taken a couple weeks ago at the TAR conference, where the women wear interesting shoes and the REALTORS are all good looking! I have a couple surprises for you the last two days of this journal theme month. Stay tuned!

Tomorrow is going to be a really long day. It all starts out in Bastrop at the Hyatt Lost Pines, where the 2011 Texas REALTOR Leadership Program of the Austin Board of REALTORS begins. I will be there for the opening day of the class as an alumnus of the program, and that will be a lot of fun! After that (leaving there at about 3 o'clock) will the the TREPAC Chili Cook-off back at the Board Offices. I expect to leave there at about 8:30 tomorrow night. REALLY...a long day! AND, I have appointments on Saturday, so that will be great!

Sorry, but I could not go longer than one entry without going parentheses crazy...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKEN SPEAK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment