Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Fifty Eight; Thursday...

Officially in Austin it did not reach 100 degrees, but it did here, and as we have learned recently, north of us in Waco they have recorded even MORE 100 degree days this year than Austin has. SO, we are going with another 100 degree day, and we have no idea how many that gives us for the year, we just know it is a lot!

Today was a Meals-On-Wheels day, and Chris from our office accompanied me on the route. Chris will be taking his MOWAM training soon, so if one of us cannot deliver the other one can cover. I think that is a great plan, and I am really happy that Chris is interested in doing it. It is a wonderful thing he is doing, and I hope he enjoys it as much as I do.

After work this afternoon, I headed out to the Kung Fu Saloon for a small TREPAC get together. I will be the ABoR PAC Chair next year, and the fiscal year (and my committee year) begins the first of October, so I am trying to get a jump on things. We had many prospective committee members join us, and we were also joined by the acting CEO of the Austin Board of REALTORS (Benny), the VP of Governmental Affairs at the Texas Association of REALTORS (Mark), Leslie and Elizabeth from the TAR PAC, and Earl and Anna from the Austin Board. It was a fun group, and we all did a lot of idea exchanging and getting to know each other. This is a photo of the group.

Tomorrow is the start of the Austin City Limits Festival, and the city is once again filled with freaks. Where do they all come from? I have nothing against freaks, but really, we have enough to start with, without another 75-100,000 of them converging on the city en masse.

Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FREAKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment: