Monday, September 19, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Sixty Two; Monday...

Blue Monday? Well, not really. It was actually kind of a nice Monday. It rained last night for about seven minutes, hard enough to hear the rain on the roof on the bedroom. Nothing registered in the gauge, but there was rain. Nice and refreshing this morning when I went out to do my chores. A little bit of thunder and lightning, enough to scare the dog and make (some of) the clocks go wacky. But it was rain, and we will take what we can get.

In the office today, it was mostly office work, I did not even leave the office except to go to lunch. Chris and I went across the street to ANOTHER set of food trailers that has set themselves up. I had chicken strips. Very good, really good actually.

I left the office around 3:15 this afternoon, and had to stop on the way home to run some errands. I got home about 4:45, and watched the last few minutes of Jeopardy, and slept through a few minutes of the news, then I went out to check on the co-mingling of the chickens. I closed off the new chicks access to their part of the coop where they had lived since they came here, and they seem to have survived the night. One of the new chicks was on the big girls roost, one on the new roost I installed especially for them, and the other four spent the night on the floor. They will eventually get this figured out.

It is a pleasant evening, humidity is very low, and we are supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow morning. Three more days before it is officially fall, but I am not thinking we will have very different weather for at least another month. Then we will all begin complaining about the cold weather.

Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKEN STRIPS (DON'T TELL THE GIRLS), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment