Saturday, September 24, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Sixty Seven; Saturday...

First things first, if you do not mind. Even though the plants themselves are suffering badly, there were several blooms on the Morning Glories this morning. I think there are blooms on them most days, but I am usually gone before the sun comes up, and I only really get to pay attention to them on the weekends. When I went out this morning, there were several blooming, and they are all BEAUTIFUL! No doubt about it, this is proof that, where there is a will, there is a way. BUT, a little rain would be nice.

After morning chores, I fixed Jody and me a pile of eggs (new term for egg loaf). I have to admit, they were pretty darned good. Nothing like a good pile of eggs to get your day started off on the right foot. Or the left foot if you are so inclined.

After breakfast, Jody and the boy dog went for a little walk, then they went for a little ride. After they returned, Jody and I headed off to Red Rock to check on the house down there. It is about 80 miles from this house to the other house, and the whole way there we did not see one bit of anything burned. AND, I purposely went where I thought the fires had raged, but I guess the fires were further east than I thought. I believe they are quoting that 40% of Bastrop county burned (about 35,000 acres) and about 60% of the homes in Bastrop County were destroyed (over 1,500 homes). But everything was good in Red Rock, so we were pleased with that.

On the way home, we stopped at Meyer's Elgin Sausage for lunch, and I ordered pork ribs (just so I could bring bones home for the dog). In Taylor, we stopped at HEB for a few groceries, and then it was home.

Once we got home, I commenced to working on my 2010 Income Taxes, and I am happy to say that I will have everything entered into my Quicken program by tomorrow. Mission will be (almost) accomplished, and I hope to get everything to the CPA not later than Wednesday. We shall see.

This is the first time we HAVE NOT had a spoiler from Dairy Queen in a LONG TIME. But, we are okay, and expect to make a visit tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORNING GLORIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment