Sunday, September 4, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Forty Seven; Sunday...

I think a little bit of red wine is (hopefully) as good for the soul as it (supposedly) is for the heart muscle. And really, a little bit of red wine (whine) is all I need to have a really fun time. I especially think a little bit of red wine when you are up extra late and consumed several minutes prior to authoring your journal entry is especially interesting. I got up this morning and decided to see what it was I had written the night before, and I was entertained. Nothing terrible was said, and nothing embarrassing or slanderous, so I think I am okay. I guess I will have to wait a few days to see if I sent any e-mails I shouldn't have.

If our weather prognosticators do not get this one right, someone we know (hmmm) is going to be kind of testy. If we cannot get any rain, we will settle for some relief from the high temperatures. Today was the 80th day this year that the high temperature exceeded 100 degrees. Over a-third of the year has been oer 100 degrees. We are supposed to have five days or so of more 'normal' temperatures. I hope so.

All around us there are fires. Well, pretty much all around us but north of us. It is really scary. We are so very dry, and everything is just like kindling.

The chickens (all 11 of them) seem to be doing nicely. I was just out there giving them fresh water, and they are all pretty happy. They are still producing, although production has been cut down a bit. We got three eggs today. We are still getting over two dozen eggs per week out of the five layers we have. Once the chicks start laying (still a long time away, maybe another four months) we will be covered up with eggs. It will be fun though, to get blue eggs. I am looking forward to that.

It only took us three weeks, but we finally got to see 'The Help' today. I knew it was going to be weepy, but I cried at two of the previews of coming attractions. I had read the book (on CD) and thought that was very good. The movie was equally god, but it was different from the book. I don't think I will compare them against each other, they are different and that is all there is to it.

Today is my friend Warren's birthday. Happy Birthday Warren, but really, who cares?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FIRE, FIRE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment