Friday, September 16, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Fifty Nine; FRIDAY...

If you had a magnifying glass and a moisture meter, you could POSSIBLY tell (from this photo) that I had been caught in a BRIEF little rain shower early this afternoon. It did rain in the area of my office for about five minutes, just long enough for me to experience the wetness. No complaints. You are not hearing any complaints about this from me, just wishing that it had lasted longer, and that there would have been some, ANY, about fifty miles further north.

Austin has been invaded by the ACL Festival goers, so I left the office about 3 o'clock this afternoon and headed home. Traffic was not horrible, so I made pretty good time. I got home and took a nap (during the news) and after dinner, Jody and I sat out on the front porch for a few minutes. When we sit out on the porch, the chickens (some of them anyway) will gather around us for some petting. Generally, big Vera will let me pick her up and she will sit on my lap and I will pet on her for a while, and she finally has enough and will leave. For some reason, ALL the chickens (young and old) have discovered the potted plants, and there is very little of them left. I watered these plants all summer long, just for them to turn into chicken feed. There is something not right about that!

I will be teaching a class tomorrow morning, and Jody is going to meet me in Georgetown (for spoilers at DQ) and I am going to make another attempt at getting my hair cut. I don't have a good feeling about that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN TRACES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment