Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Seventy; Tuesday...

Only today when I was returning the 'costume' that I rented for the golf tournament, did I realize that I had ignored the bow tie that went with the outfit. Who knew there was a bow tie? That would have set off the outfit that otherwise just 'screamed' for accessories. The most chatter all day long yesterday was about the shoes anyway, and that was really the only part of the ensemble that was not rented. Those are my famous 'pink knock-off crocs' that I have posted so much about early on in this journal. The cattle love them, as well as some of the neighbors, and a few of the passers-by. Folks around here just accept pink shoes from me, and no one cares and/or is offended. AND, if you just gotta have a pair, you can get your very own at the local Dollar General Store, $3.99 plus tax. This is actually my second pair, the first pair only lasted about four years, and Jody insisted I throw them away.

Last night we got 1/3" of rain, and it was wonderful. There was a terrific lightning show, and I tried to take photos, but my little $150 digital camera is not really set up for taking photos in the dark. The camera is 'allegedly' much smarter than I am, and would not really cooperate. Really, can I just get a camera with a 'dumb' setting, one that will just take a picture when I push the button? That is a feature that I would really like to have in a camera. ANYWAY, I took about 40 different pictures last night (about 20 of them are just black space) and there are actually a couple of them that show the lightening bolts. BUT, i have found a setting that will take photos continuously as long as I have the button pushed. I will try that out the next time there is a really good storm.

All is well with the livestock, and even the bees are doing better with the cooler weather (?). They area really going through the sugar water lately, and that is a good thing. If it would cool down for a while, that would help everything out. I have always said the heat will not break until the second week in October, and that may be what happens again this year. ANYWAY, the chickens are all getting along better, and they are not segregating themselves on the roost anymore. Last night they were all interspersed, so that is good. It is getting to the point that I no longer feel that I need to check on them anymore. They are going to be on their own starting tonight.

Getting ready for tomorrow, I have homework to do. Later, gator...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN!, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment