Thursday, September 8, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Fifty One; Thursday...

Rain Garden Coming Soon - My Aunt Mary! You need some rain before you can have a rain garden, don't you? Let's not put the cart before the horse here f0lks! Has anyone heard of any rain in the forecasts lately? We are probably not going to fall for some fake rain on the corner of South First and Barton Springs Road (especially since there is a sigh there announcing it.

I would be less than forthcoming with you all if I did not immediately admit that I am a little bit nervous about this entry. You see, it is late, I have taken a relaxing agent, and I an just about finished with my glass of wine. The words do not seem to fly off my finger tips as they usually do, and it is almost like my digits are encumbered with some heavy and lethargic substance. I am not really sure what it is, BUT, I will try my best to be careful and not embarrass anyone before morning. How will that be?

I have to also admit that this turn of events (while not exactly unwelcome) were truly unexpected. It all started at the tuxedo rental/purchase place. It seemed that even three days after they promised me they would have my suit, my suit was not in evidence. So, we played a little game of 'does-this-match-any-better-than-that?, which was fun for about the first several hours, but then the entertainment value declined. I do admit there are some interesting conversations that can be overheard in a tuxedo store, especially if you intend to be there for several hours. Here are some of the better ones; 'No, the tie goes inside the vest.' 'No, most people do not tuck the vest inside the pants.' No, I wont be taking off my cap, it goes wherever I go'. Brother.

I got home about 8:15 and had to move cattle to another pasture and take a 50 pound bag of feed out to the chickens. When I moved the cattle, I discovered a dead squirrel in one of the water troughs, which made for a relatively aromatic adventure, but it was all solved by the code of the west, and hopefully the vultures will find the squirrel before something else does.

Lovely old Cadillac display at one of the gas stations earlier today at the corner of Congress and Riverside Drive. Very pretty. Not 1005 FACTORY, BUT YOU COULD TELL WHAT IT WAS EASILY ENOUGH. huge chrome boobs ON THE FRONT END WERE PRETTY DARNED STYLISH FER SURE! convertible YET! sweet!

CHICKENS TO BED, CATTLE ROAMING OVER TWO PASTURES, WHAT COULD BE BETTER?

HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I STARTED TYPING IN ALL CAPS?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, I want to color in my book, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment