Friday, September 2, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Forty Five; Friday...

Did I mention it's Friday?

So, I am going to admit this. When I was a little kid, I became a little bit nervous whenever I got stuck at the top of the Ferris Wheel. Not screaming like a girl nervous, just a little bit uncomfortable. ALSO, I am not the best airline passenger either. You probably would not know that, because I can put on a pretty darned good front, but I get a little nervous. If it is a bumpy flight, I am better off if I can remain preoccupied with a computer game or something like that. I just don't want to sit there and recite the rosary (since I don't know how to recite the rosary). All this is leading up to the fact that, when I get stuck in rush hour traffic at the TOP of one of the fly-overs, I get a little bit anxious. You know, you can feel the thing vibrating and jiggling, the same as when you are stuck in traffic on just a normal bridge overpass. BUT, these things are six or seven stories up, and it is just weird to me.

The same thing used to (kind of) happen when I lived in New Orleans, and had to cross the High Rise Bridge. It was interesting because, as you are going up the bridge, all you can see is the horizon, and you just accept the fact that, when you crest the bridge, there will be some more bridge there to ease you and your vehicle down. Luckily, for me, there was always more bridge there. I'm just sayin...

This is the beginning of a three day weekend, and I am looking forward to it tremendously. I hope to do a LOT OF NOTHING for the next three days, but there is a sale on at Tractor Supply, so I think I may make an appearance.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, JIGGLY BRIDGES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment