Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2012 - Day 067/299 - Wednesday...

Forgive me father, for I have sinned; today, as I was driving to San Antonio to attend a closing, I had to stop in Schertz to put gas in the car. I had only driven 1,100 miles on that tank of gas, averaging about 135 miles per gallon, but I digress. I was tempted by and succumbed to the adjacent What-A-Burger. The alluring siren proved too much for me and I crashed my ship onto the rocks of the drive-thru like a hobo on a ham sandwich. No there was no actual physical damage done to anything, except my 16 month boycott of the fast-food chain (and all other fast food chains drive-thru features) was ended in a moment of weakness. I had two Just-A-Burgers, a large order of fries, and a large root beer. The root beer is still in my car and will continue to be consumed for the next several days.

Whatever...

While I was driving down there, evidence of the high winds we have been experiencing was pretty darned evident in San Marcos. A canopy over some gas pumps at a station along the service road had been blown over and pretty much crushed an SUV. I bet the people in the SUV (if there were people inside) were surprised. It looked like the SUV was driving and the canopy fell on it. It did not look like a place where the SUV would have normally chosen to park. It was too quick for me to grab a picture though, you will just have to take my word for it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOSINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment