Sunday, March 18, 2012

2012 - Day 078/288 - Sunday...

What I need to remember is, I am an old man. I know, I know, everyone says that sixty is the new forty, but today I am understanding that sixty is sixty, and I don't care what anyone says. I am not 59 any more! I am 60!

It was a full and busy day, and I will not bore you with all the things that were accomplished today. It is enough that you know that I was not stung a single time by any of the bees, and that my purchases yesterday of machinery of mass weed distraction worked wonderfully well. If there were only more days available to get things around her under control, that would be great. I am really not interested in more hours in a day...there are enough hours in a day, dark still happens whenever it happens. I just need more days.

SO, Miguel came out today along with his brother-in-law Horacio, and (among other things) they got the walk way to the shelter installed, and my plan was ALMOST perfect. Whatever... Anyway, it is down, and I hope we NEVER need to use it in a real emergency. But at least it is there, and we have it if we need it. We are supposed to have pretty intense storms tomorrow, so just in case you can't find us, LOOK IN THE SHELTER. Not sure if the cell phone will work in there or not, but that is where we will be.

We did (of course, was there any doubt) make it into Georgetown for spoilers, and it was good. A quick trip to Home Depot was next, and then we were back home. I trimmed the weeds around the electric fence line out in the back pastures, and I cannot understand why the electric fence is not 'hot'. There were no shorts as best I could tell, and I walked (and whacked) the entire fence Ines, so there should not be any 'impedance' in the lines. I will take another look at it as soon as it quits raining. Not that it is raining right now, it is just supposed to rain for the next three days, and we are already under a flash flood watch through Tuesday (I think) and there are chances of tornadoes, which is why I wanted to get the walkway in today. We live just seven miles from Jarrell, the little Texas town that was wiped off the map about a decade ago, so tornadoes are not uncommon up here where we live. AND, I figure that if I go to all that trouble, we will never need to use it.

Vera (Little Vera that is, Big Vera disappeared about a month or so ago) is absolutely my favorite of all the chickens, and she knows it. She follows me around, and waits for me to put them all to bed, and runs out of the coop so I can carry her back in. Chickens are interesting people! When I got them a couple years ago, I had no idea how much fun they would be. They are just like having more Chihuahuas, just with feathers. The cattle are kind of like BIG Chihuahuas, but with horns. There are all kinds of Chihuahuas in the world, some big, some small, some with feathers, some without.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD WORK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment