Sunday, March 11, 2012

2012 - Day 071/295 - Sunday...

Today's entry could be titled 'When it rains it pours' or 'Fantasy in the disposer installation'. But first, this news from the home front about the egg crisis.

Really, there is no crisis, we just found ourselves with 13 dozen eggs, so we were on a mission to dispose of some of them. The mission was accomplished with great success, and the quest will continue throughout the week. The chickens seemed somewhat dry this morning when I loosed them upon the environs. It continued raining here til about 1 o'clock (depending on your clock in case you had not adjusted them properly). This morning, as the did yesterday, they all decided to hang out on the back patio and look inside thinking we should open the doors and welcome them with open arms and places that have never seen chicken sh*t. BUT, o eau contraire, there will be no chickens in the house. This is a picture of Vera on the coke cooler outside the den window. Pitiful...

But what about the 'fantasy' comment? Back in 1979 (this is where some of you say 'I wasn't born yet' or something else equally obnoxious and hurtful) I was assigned to be the Assistant General Manager of the Holiday Inn Chateau LeMoyne in the French Quarter. It was, at the time, the flagship Hotel for the company, and since it was in the French Quarter, they decided to hire a Frenchman off the boat to be the General Manager. French Quarter, Frenchman, what could be better? So, this guy named Christian LePrince (maybe or maybe not his real name) became the General Manager and maybe he did or maybe he didn't call me BEEEEEEL. Anyway, he did not have the best grasp of the language, and he would send out memos about this-and-that, and they were pretty interesting. Pickled Cashiers was really Kosher Pickles, a tube of water was referring to a hose, and Fantasy in the Uniform Wearing was about, well, not following the uniform dress code at the property. It was really kind of interesting, and we would wait with fish in our mouths for the next memo.

That brings us full circle to the Fantasy in the Disposer Installation. You may remember several weeks ago I was threatening to change the Garbage Disposer because it was inoperable. Well, back then, I stuck a broom handle down into its' nether regions and freed it from whatever it was stuck about, and it seemed to be fixed. Well, it was really just teasing me.

I had loaded up the dishwasher last night, and accidentally forgot to turn it on. This morning after breakfast, I reached under the sink to get the dish washing packet, and it was all wet under there, and since I was running water in the sink to get it hot (to turn on the dishwasher) I could see it was leaking from around the garbage disposer. Probably if I had just left the disposer frozen up a couple weeks ago, it would not have leaked, but that is past history. SO, I replaced it and was a total basket case doing it. I am usually pretty good at stuff like this (at least I had been in the past) but since I have been relatively unsuccessful at changing a light switch in the laundry room last week, my confidence was shaken.

BUT, it was a success, and we now have a new disposer, and all is well with the world. Criminy, that was a long and boring story.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DISPOSER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment