Friday, March 9, 2012

2012 - Day 069/297 - Friday...

It's Friday, and this is my happy dance, except every time I start to get my groove on, I just slosh water. NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING, you understand. Actually, I am all for the rain. As long as it is raining (or continuing to threaten rain) I am not doing anything. I will be a slug, and only sunshine will be able to pour salt on my mucousy little self. The prognosticators are still saying that it is going to rain through Sunday, 100% chance for the next couple days at least. So far we (that is here on the edge of nowhere) have received an inch of rain. It rained so hard at the office today (how hard did it rain?) that the 'storm drains' (I don't think they are really sewers) could not handle it, and the street was flooded. It rained very hard for about 45 minutes, and it had to be a substantial rainfall amount. Stay tuned, I will keep you posted.

I was stopped at a traffic light on the MoPac service road today, and saw more evidence of Bluebonnets. There have been reports of wild-flower sightings from near and far in the central Texas area, and it seems like it will be a good wild-flower season.

I left the office this afternoon at about 3:30 to take advantage of a respite of calm, and traffic was already chaotic. Between the SXSW crowd, the rain and the fact that people in central Texas have no idea of how to drive, let alone how to drive when it is raining and there are tens-of-thousands of tourists in the area, it was total pandemonium. There seemed to be a fire drill at the old Crest Hotel (cannot remember which franchise it is now branded as) or there was someone throwing gold chains into the crowd (it could happen). Whatever it was, people were flinging themselves out of the Hotel, umbrellas of all colors self-opening and it all made for quite a picture. Sorry, you will just have to use your imagination. It was really kind of pretty, but I was busy texting while driving in the rain and could not find the camera.

News flash: I have learned how to drive with a new body part. I have begun applying hand-lotion to my farmer-like hands in the mornings on my way to work, so, since I have mastered the art of steering with my knees, I am now forging new skills of steering with my wrists and forearms. Knees are still best for a relatively strait road, but wrists and forearms are better on curves, as long as you are not trying to change channels on the radio.

To my new (and hopefully good) friend Shannon...nothing will keep me from the Dairy Queen this weekend, not even the thoughts of staying home, piled up in my big blue chair with the TV on and the remote clutched in my otherwise lifeless hand, snoozing. Oreo Cookie Blizzard. Worth the ride.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN AND MORE RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment