Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012 - Day 085/281 - Sunday...

I once again confirmed what I thought I had confirmed last weekend. I am too old for all this crap. I pretty much worked out in the yard from sunup (not really) to sundown (not really) BUT, things are looking better. It is amazing what a little tenacity can do, along with some good help. This week I am going to need to call someone in to take out some trees. The drought last year really did a number on many of the trees that were around Aunt Mary's house. They were really crappy trees (hackberries mostly) but they were trees and gave some shade in the front of the property. I was telling Jody we need to put in some of those fast growing trees but he figures they need a lot of water, so that may not be the best idea. Whatever happens, we will need to put in a few trees to replace the six or seven that need to come out.

Here is another photo of some of the Iris that are blooming. Very pretty. Jody and I just came in off the front porch, and there is a platoon of gnats floating around on the top of my wine, but really, no sense in wasting a good glass of wine, and if there is any justice in the world, maybe the gnats are a good source of protein. Even if they are not, they are going down the gullet.

This week coming looks like a pretty sane and calm one, but that can change at any minute. I hope you all had a nice weekend, and are looking forward to a nice week.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPINESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment