Saturday, June 2, 2012

2012 - Day 154/212 - Saturday...

If I didn't know for sure that Vera is a chicken, I would swear she was a ham.  She is such a funny and spoiled chicken.  She and the two remaining older girls are ALWAYS the last chickens in the coop, and she will not have it any other way except to be carried into the coop.  Funny, funny little girl.  We are also having a rash of broken eggs in the nesting boxes.  Not sure what is causing that, but I need to see what I can do to prevent it.

I stayed in bed until 7AM this morning.  I was not asleep but I was not ambulatory either.  It was good to just lay there.  I did get in an hour-or-two of weed pulling, and Jody and I took the boy dog for a ride.  When we got back, Hubert called and brought us some fresh corn.  He said he has forty acres of corn so we can help ourselves.  Randy and Irene told us last week that their corn was ready too, so if you know anybody that would like a couple ears of corn, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I will be heading into Austin tomorrow to show property, and the market is really heating up.  My phone has been ringing all day long with lease listings.  Lease properties are HOT and PRICEY!  It should be a good year for Property Management.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment