Monday, June 4, 2012

2012 - Day 156/210 - Monday...

I am not even going to mention that today is Monday...

Apparently you can spell Crape Myrtle like this (look three and four words back) or like this Crepe Myrtle.  I actually prefer Crappe Myrtle, but that does not seem to be one of the choices via the Internet.  Anyway, the Crape Myrtles are doing nicely this year, and have somewhat recovered from the challenges of the last two years.  They are still not as glorious as they have been, but they are lovely to look at, especially if you stop and really study them.  They are wonderfully delicate, and the pistils are just wonderful.

There seems to be an abundance of corn in the area as well.  Jim and Bonnie brought us some corn when the visited from Houston last weekend, and Hubert brought us some corn on Saturday afternoon.  Irene just called and brought us a years supply of corn (shucked and frozen) that we put in the freezer.  Of course, that meant we had to sacrifice the ice maker in the garage freezer (I can't believe we had not thought of that earlier) but it was well worth it.  I think I am going to stop on the way to work tomorrow and get some ears of corn and take into the office with me, Irene said it would be okay.

Even one of the peach trees out by the road is doing nicely this year.  Last year the raccoons got them before we did, and they may still get them this year.  Jody and I checked them out this morning, and they are still pretty hard, but I think they will be ready this week.

Much to my chagrin, I was BACK at the dentists office this morning and had x-rays, a cleaning and just an overall checkup.  I have one cracked filling that needs to be replaced and that is scheduled for later in the month.  The dentist suggested I come back tomorrow for that, and I explained to him that I could not really imagine myself visiting a dental office three times in less than a week, but later in the month would be just fine, thank you very much.

Tomorrow I have a check up at my GP, my every six-month thing, so I will need to take off a little bit early in the morning.


Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAPPES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment