Saturday, June 16, 2012

2012 - Day 168/198 - Saturday...

Okay, let me make this perfectly clear, and right from the beginning.  I always lie, I cannot ever tell the truth about anything, and I lie about everything.  See there, I just did it again.  Three times.

Today I did little of nothing, and that is a lie.  I took many breaths.  I blinked thousands of times.  I picked my nose to my great satisfaction.  I woke up and read the paper.  I drove into Austin and instructed a three hour class to three people (for you math majors out there, that averages one hour per person).  I drove home and took apart the 240 Volt charging station for the car apart to see if there was a reset button inside.  I did remember to flip the breakers first.  There was no reset button inside, and the charging station is still not working.  Not a terrible thing, except that it is a really expensive piece of industrial looking wall art (I do not think wall art is necessary inside a garage), and that I want it to work, for a variety of other reasons.  After failing at that mission, I took the Mule (which had been pre-placed on the trailer) to the Kawasaki Dealer in Georgetown.  We will not be getting the Mule back for about 10 days, which gives me yet another excuse to do virtually nothing around the house because the Mule is gone.

We did have some experiments in getting a truck and a trailer (with a combined length of about thirty-five feet) into the parking lot at the Dairy Queen.  Jody suggested the drive through, but I opted to make our own  special parking spot along the back side of the building.  My preference would have been to go to Chick-Fil-A, but I could not navigate even the thought of getting the truck and trailer through their parking lot.

AND OMG, HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?  We were about four miles away from the house on the way to Georgetown when I realized I was not in possession of my cell phone.

I am back.  Just as I was writing this entry, I had a phone call from our neighbor Randy, asking if I knew I had a cow loose this morning.  Um, no I didn't.  He said he thought I had known it, because he did not see her loose later in the day, and thought I had gotten her back inside our fence.  ANYWAY, I did not know it, and the Mule is in Georgetown, so Jody and I got into his truck (mine still has the trailer hooked up to it) and we went into the back to herd cattle.  I got 15 of the 17 into the front pasture, and there were two renegade cows outside the fence in the back pasture.  I wish I had a video of the next 25 or 30 minutes, but all of the cattle are now inside the secured fencing of the front pastures.  We will work on some fencing issues tomorrow.

Where was I?  Of yes, no cell phone and we were on our way to Georgetown.  Needless to say, that conversation is kind of anti-climactic after herding cattle, so I will not continue that conversation.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LOOSE LIVESTOCK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment