Friday, June 15, 2012

2012 - Day 167/199 - Friday...

IT'S FRIDAY!  'nuff said...

We have grapes!  Not a lot, but nothing to sneeze at either.  Last year we planted four grape vines, and nothing happened, although Jody really did not expect anything to happen, I still thought there could have been a chance.  BUT, with all the high temperatures and the lack of rain, it was a miracle that they just survived.  This year, they are doing very nicely, and three of the four vines have grapes.  I will be kind of sad to actually harvest them, but they are delicious, and they are ours!

When I was a little kid growing up in Michigan, the neighborhood I lived in was a 'developing' area.  When we moved there, our 'street' was not paved, and many of our neighbors still had outhouses.  We had our house built in 1961, and Urban Renewal came through a couple years later and paved the streets, but the outhouses remained.  Neighbors to the back of us had grape vines growing outside their outhouse, and they grapes were dark purple and delicious.  Dark grapes (or I guess any grapes) have kind of a white hazy film on them, and the patriarch of the family told us he had dusted the grapes with poison to keep bugs off them, and the poison would kill us if we ate his grapes.  It did not stop me, and I am still here, so either the poison was weak or he was just trying to keep me (and the rest of us) from eating his grapes.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GRAPES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment