Thursday, June 21, 2012

2012 - Day 173/193 - Thursday...

I sure do love me some old Caddy!  I saw this old girl while I was delivering my Meals-On-Wheels route this morning.  From the side, I was really surprised how much it reminded me of Pontiacs and Oldsmoblies from the same period, both of those nameplates are out of production now.  I had not really thought much of the fact that different brands used the same platforms and basic body styles back then, I had always thought of it as a newer trend.  It just goes to show you...

I also saw a couple El Caminos or whatever the other one of those were called back then (was it a Ranchero?).  I think El Caminos are about the best thing there is.  Not really practical anymore, but they are neat looking.  I had eight clients on my route today, and they were all home and glad to see me!

I like me some clouds, too.  We ended up with 1.21" of rain for the day, and when I got up this morning it was REALLY humid, and by the time I left for work it was REALLY FOGGY!  But usually (as was the case today) the fog is gone by the time I get to the Interstate.  Not much else went on of any note today, but by the time I was heading home, there were some really nice clouds.  The temperatures are supposed to by exceeding 100 degrees over the weekend, AND there is some talk of some tropical storms affecting us within the next seven days.  These weather prognosticators always get our hopes up and then let us down at the end.  I will not play there little game right now, I will just wait and see.


Deeds, Actions, Changes, OLD CADDIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment