Saturday, June 23, 2012

2012 - Day 175/191 - Saturday...

My plan was to stay in the bed this morning until AT LEAST 7 o'clock.  It seems we have the only dog that has a 'squishy' stomach.  HOW SQUISHY IS IT, you might say to yourself?  So squishy that it woke me up at about 5 o'clock, and it sounded to me like something needed to be done, but of course the dog was sleeping right through it.  Even though we think he is getting progressively more deaf by the second, you would think all that gastro-intestinal action would have given him some cause for alarm, but he seemed totally unconcerned by the whole thing.  There did seem to be some relief after we took a walk several hours later and and he freed himself of some of the burden along side the road.

On the way back from the walk, I stopped to see if there were any morning glories blooming, and there are indeed a few.  The drought we are experiencing (once again) is taking its toll on the vegetation again, but we did have a little bit of rain this past week.  The local weather prognosticators (and even the national news this evening) is teasing us that the tropical disturbance in the Gulf (Debbie) could very likely bring us some rain in the next five or six days.  That makes me a little bit more optimistic, but really just a little bit.  I will believe it when we are opening the flood gates on Lake Travis because we have received five or six inches of rain.  That will be a BIG DEAL to us.  And a welcome one as well.

Later this morning, we went into Taylor and bought a couple molasses barrels for the cattle, and I stopped and filled the cans (and truck) up with gasoline and diesel.  $110 later (I did not pursue it after the gas pump stopped at $75), we made it home, and we are all stocked up (probably) for another month or so with diesel and gasoline for the various bits of machinery around here.

After naps (the first of the day) we headed off into Georgetown and stopped at Home Depot where I bought a covered dog kennel (4 x 8 x 6) that we are going to use as an auxiliary chicken coop.  The littlest chicks are going to have their little coop put inside the kennel, so they can get a taste of the outdoors and have more room to run.  Jody and I started putting it together, and when we got as far as we wanted to go for today, we came inside where I thought I might as well look at the directions.  It will only take me about thirty minutes tomorrow to correct the assembly mistakes I have made so far.  BUT, as I was making was for the kennel, I was moving some square bales of hay I have had stored out by the front barn, and there were these two LITTLE BITTY TEENY TINY eggs between two of the bales.  I have no idea what they might be, but they are very precious little eggs.  They might be snake eggs or something (well obviously they are something), but if anyone know what they are, let me know.

I will fill you in more about the auxiliary chicken coop tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUSY DAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment