Sunday, February 3, 2013

2013 - Day 34/311 - Sunday...

The surviving chicken made it through the night, but the other chickens have not made it easy for her.  She was outside the coop this morning and the other girls had her in a corner and they were all pecking at her.  She is now in the 'chicken hospital ward', which is otherwise known as the chick coop, where we let the new chicks grow until they are ready to be integrated with the big girls.  So, she has been staying mostly curled up in a corner of the coop, but she has ventured out and pecked at a little bit of food that I put on the ground for her.  I think if she makes it for a couple more days she will be alright.  While I was out feeding the cattle this morning, I found another of the girls that the dog got.  It does not seem that he was after them for food, more for sport than anything. 

I did get the cattle fed this morning, unloaded a thousand pounds of cattle feed (fifty pounds at a time) from the truck and put it in the shed, along with several salt and mineral blocks and a 200 (I think) pound molasses bucket.  The cattle got two fresh bales of hay, 200 pounds of feed, two mineral blocks and two fresh molasses buckets.  They are set for the next week.

I had to buy a new router this afternoon.  It is interesting that these things just quit with no warning at all.  It seemed to be working pretty well yesterday, but nothing when I got up this morning.  But, I am all reprogrammed and ready for action. 

I also got a chance to take another bike ride this afternoon, just short of 9 miles.  Nice day, not too much wind, a couple nice inclines and some interesting things to look at.  I did get off the bike every now and then and explore a couple things that I generally drive past in the car or the truck.  I have always liked this house and would really like to go inside and explore.  Today was not the first time I have seen vultures on both the old chimneys, but this was the first day I actually stopped to take a photo.  This place is just beyond the low water crossing, about 3 miles or so from the house.

Is there anything on tv tonight?

Teaching classes tomorrow and Tuesday.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SURVIVING CHICKEN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment