Thursday, February 14, 2013

2013 - Day 45/320 - Thursday...

There was nothing particularly impressive about this morning's wreck when I finally got to the point that I could see it.  The only really impressive thing remained the amount of time that I (along with a couple thousand other central Texans) remained locked in our respective vehicles waiting for the chance to go forward.  The wreck involved more than one 18-wheeler and a variety of smaller vehicles.  By the time I got to it, there was nothing left but the 18-wheelers and a couple big tow trucks and representatives of various governmental agencies.

One of our agents was showing property this afternoon in central Austin, and during the drive back on the Interstate, the client decided against moving here because of the traffic congestion on IH-35.  That is a pretty bad indictment of our traffic woes.  The theory that, if you don't build it they won't come in not holding true for those of us that are experiencing the challenges on commuting.  I moved here in 1985, and every day I drove that highway, and every day I stopped on IH-35 because of the traffic congestion.  It has only gotten worse in all those years.

I taught a short class at the Austin Board this afternoon, and my friend Pam was one of the attendees.  Pam and I have been friends for several years, and she is just a wonderfully delightful person.  She just glows with happiness and caring, and she just lights up any room she is in.  I hope we get to see each other more often now, Pam!

I did make it home again before dark today, and there was only one chicken in evidence.  BUT when I went out to put them to bed they were all in evidence, and all was good in the coop.  Only two eggs today, so production is still down, but we are not going to run out of eggs any time soon.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HI PAM, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment