Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 - Day 54/311 - Saturday...

Here we go, I stayed in bed this morning until about 7 o’clock, even though I did not get home last night until 1 AM, and got into the bed at about 2 AM. DO NOT EVEN ask about what happened to the popsicles. It could have been much worse.

Today was a pretty busy day, actually. I unpacked my stuff from the trip to San Jose, and took a little breather to pack for the Cruise. I really should have just left the stuff in the suitcase, since nobody saw me in those clothes anyway. This is a picture that I took on the plane coming home Friday night. The sun was setting behind us and we were heading east so it was getting dark really quickly. The colors were really pretty, but I don’t really think you can get the full effect of the color and depth in this photo.

I mentioned in the journal on Wednesday that I had a close encounter of some sort with a skunk, even though I have no knowledge of it. Jody told me that the Boy Dog has some sort of an encounter with a skunk either that same day or the next day. What Jody failed to tell me was that the Boy Dog brought some of the encounter into the house with him. We have a rather noticeable musky odor in the house. It is not totally awful, not even close, but you can definitely tell it is there.

I did have a chance to do a little bit of stuff around the house today too. I even got a chance to walk around the property a little bit and noticed some of the Iris starting to bloom. Some of the trees are budding out, so that is nice, and this is a picture of one of the Ornamental Cherries that is beginning to bloom. I think next when I get back from the cruise I will see about buying some trees to replace the ones we last to the droughts of the last couple of years.

 Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLOSSOMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment