Saturday, February 16, 2013

2013 - Day 47/318 - Saturday...

It was a beautiful day in central Texas, although it did start off on the coolish side.  We got down just for about an hour to the freezing mark, but that was not the worst thing that could have happened.

I tried to stay in bed a while longer than usual, and I actually did.  I did not get out of the bed until about 5:30 this morning.  I was just laying there awake, so Ifigured I might as well get up.  I had a nice leisurely morning, read the paper, had a cup of coffee.  When Jody got up, I made us a pile of eggs, and that was great.  I have not had a pile of eggs in a couple weeks.

After breakfast, I cleaned out closets and chests of drawers.  I took three large bags of clothes to the Goodwill, along with stacks of jeans and other shirts on hangers.  I also took in a computer printer, and miscellaneous pieces of electronic equipment that I am not using any longer.  Even though I figure I donated about 100 pounds of clothing, I cannot really tell that I have any more room in the closets.  Crazy!  All this was sparked hoping to find some smaller sized jeans.  At least now I have the sizes of my clothes marked so when my weight fluctuates I will know where to look for clothes.  Some people sort summer and winter clothes, I sort by girth.

The cattle have been busy.  I was suspicious that there were some new calves back there, and I had not been back there to mess with them in a couple weeks.  Jody and I went back this afternoon, and there are three new calves.  That makes a total of 19 head we have back there, and I have to divest myself of some cattle in March.  That is my next goal, divestiture.  I expect some will go to friends, some will go to 4H'ers (if I can find any) and some may end up at the auction barn.  Time to cull the herd!  I will not show the pictures of all three calves today, but I will spread them out over tonight and the next two days.  They are all just a pretty as they can be, but so far my favorite it is the one I will show you on Monday.  The one I will post for you tomorrow is definitely a bull calf, he spent the whole time while we were back there taking a pee.  Not sure at all about the sex of the other two.  Only time (or the opportunity to see them pee) will tell.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DIVESTITURE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment