Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2013 - Day 43/322 - Tuesday...

Another early day, but that will be over with for a while.  My forst meeting this morning was at 7 o'clock.  This was the final day of the Texas Association of REALTORS Mid-Winter Conference, and first thing this morning was an Awards Breakfast for TREPAC (Texas Real Estate Political Action Committee).  The Austin Board of REALTORS won the first place award for exceeding quota and second place for member participation in large boards.  This is a photo of me accepting one of the awards on behalf of the Austin Board.  Quite an honor, our association did a good job last year.

After the awards breakfast, I headed off to the Association Board of Directors meeting, and that was very interesting.  Lots of reports, lots of numbers, lots of stuff.

Back to the office after that for some real estate work to get done, and then I headed home about 4:45.  When I got home, I was checking meter readings and communing with chickens.  There was a beautiful blue sky, there was a songbird somewhere in the area giving it hell, and it was just a beautiful late winter afternoon in central Texas.  It was probably in the middle 60's and it all just reminded me of what a luck man I am, and what a wonderful life I live and how lucky I am to be able to get out of the city on a daily basis and find peace and tranquility.  To top it all off, when we sat down for dinner, I looked outside and there was a beautiful sunset in progress.  I went outside and took a couple pictures to document the event, and when I got back inside, the sunset just kept getting better and better.  It is not often that sunsets last for any great period of time, but this one was an over-achiever.  I wish you could have shared it along with Jody and me.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNSETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment