Friday, February 15, 2013

2013 - Day 46/319 - Friday...

Today's wreck du jour is brought to you by two 18-wheelers that decided to collide right in the middle of downtown Austin about 5 o'clock this morning (I really have no idea what time it was).  I was sitting at the computer this morning and I got an app message from one of the local television stations that all hell was breaking loose on the Interstate, and that all southbound lanes were closed and not expected to reopen before 8 AM.  Well, that is code for the Interstate is going to be closed all day long, and it pretty much was.  It seems two big trucks (one of them hauling car batteries) had wrecked and the batteries (and their accompanying battery acid) were strewn willy-nilly all over the Interstate.  I don't know which one was the actual hazard (the wrecks or the acid), but the road was still closed at 11:30 this morning.  Craziness.

For once I actually out manuevered the traffic.  I left as early as I could this morning and went down the Interstate to the cut-off that would connect me to southbound MoPac, and made it to the office without too much trouble.  I think I may actually try that route next week.  I usually am a diehard Interstate person, but going down MoPac might cut some time off the drive.  It is about a mile os so further to go that way, but I will experiment and see if I can actually save some time.  Who knows.

It is cool tonight, getting close to the freezing mark in Austin.  I do not really think it will freeze here tonight, but I went out and turned the water off to the pastures.  I guess it is better to be safe than to have broken pipes and wasted water because I was too lazy to go out in the cold.  We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE WRECKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment