Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2013 - Day 51/314 - Wednesday...

After you read a little further in today's journal, you might come to the conclusion that this was not a good day, but taking everything into consideration, it did not really turn out too badly.  The first part of it was not great, but...

I headed out to the office this morning about 6:30 and before I even got a half-mile from the house, I was pretty much overcome by the odor of a skunk.  I did not see any skunks, I do not think that I ran over a skunk, but I was obviously close enough to a skunk that the odor was stuck to my car.  I rolled down the wondows and aired out the inside of the car, and that pretty much took care of that until I slowed down or stopped.  When I parked at the office, the odor was (again) pretty strong, and a pretty thorough survey of the vehicle did not provide any evidence of skuni-icide, but it was definitely smelly.

I dropped my shirts off at the cleaners, and then went up to the office and did some power real estate,  About an hour later, I noticed that there was some fecal matter of a bird variety on my shirt sleeve.  It seems that while I was inspecting the car for skunk remains or when I was coming and going from the cleaners, I was targeted by an indiscriminate critter of the winged variety.  Okay, that's two...

After a while, it was off to the airport.  Things were going pretty well until I tried to go through the security line.  My ticket is in the name of 'Bill' and my identification is under the name of 'Wiliam'.  That took a little while to correct and there was a threat of  'can you call an administrator' and a little more this-and-that before the TSA guy let me go through.  Whatever...

The flight to San Jose was relatively uneventful.  There was a little bit of turbulence between Austin and Dallas, but it was pretty smooth sailing from Dallas to San Jose.  It was a three and a half hour flight though, and it was a small plane and I was almost in the last seat and everyone on that plane had to pee except me, but everyone had to stand in the aisle next to my seat waiting to queue up to the waterloo.  AND I was also the only person on the plane that was not coughing or sneezing (yet).  But I did manage to get a photo of the pilot (whose name is Rick Nelson, I am not lying) and he and the co-pilot Wendy were a lot of fun to talk to.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THREE STRIKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment