Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2013 - Day 100/265 - Wednesday...

Can you believe we are already 100 days into this year.  It seems like just two or three years ago it was the New Year.  Whatever...  Really, time is zipping by.  I have a way of keeping up with the passing parade of days, and if you want me to tell you about it, just ask me...

I have been reading a book called Team of Rivals, about Abraham Lincoln between the time of his election to the Presidency up to the time of his assassination, and how he worked with and nominated his rivals to high posts within his cabinet.  Lots to be learned from this book.  From start to end, it was just about 9 hours (books on CD) so it was a pretty concise account.  Interesting though.  I kind of think it could also be included as a business management reference book, although hopefully most business majors and MBA students will have a different ultimate outcome.  This is a photo compilation of the conspirators of Lincoln's assassination.

Tomorrow I will begin a new book titled The Lifeboat.  I think it is about folks from the Titanic.  I think it will be a pretty good read.

I made it into the office at about 6:30 this morning, and got a good bit of work done before I headed off to the Texas Real Estate Commission for my quarterly Education Standards Advisory Committee meeting.  We are doing really REALLY good work on this committee, and it is very rewarding.  Every meeting gets better and better, and we work better and better together as a committee.  Good things will result from this work; good things for real estate education and for the public by getting better education agents in the profession.

Tomorrow is the Women's Council of REALTORS® (Austin Chapter) business luncheon, and it is the meeting for the Annual TREPAC Cake Auction.  We will wait and see what I come home with tomorrow night!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ASSASSINATIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment