Sunday, April 14, 2013

2013 - Day 104/261 - Sunday...

I would appreciate it very much if, for this date forward, you would refer to me as 'Brother Bill'.  Some of you have referred to me as that for quite some time, but it is now official...

Last night, through the 'miracle' of modern technology, I was ordained as a minister in the Universal Life Church Ministry.  Do you know anyone that needs to be married?  I'm your guy.  Know anyone that is looking for a divorce, maybe not.  Here is just a portion of the e-mail I received from Brother Martin very shortly after I pushed 'enter'.  Congratulations! You are now legally ordained for life, though you may relinquish your credentials at any time. AS OF Saturday the 13th of April 2013 YOU HAVE BECOME A MEMBER OF THE PRESTIGIOUS CLERGY. You have earned a title worthy of admiration and respect.

Let it be known on this date that in accordance with the laws of the Universal Life Church Monastery, as ordaining officer, I, Brother Martin, do ordain you into our ministry. From this day forward, you are entitled to all of the rights of an ordained minister. You have the authority to perform marriages, baptisms, and all other ceremonies of the church. You are an independent minister of this church. This is a position that carries with it a burden of responsibility; please respect others and comply with the laws of the land.

And the whole thing was FREE.  I did however, order the Ordination Package for $26, and soon, via USPS I will receive my Ordination Credentials, my ULC Wallet Card, Press Pass, Parking Pass and Letter of Good Standing.  I am considering a Dr. of Divinity Certificate (DD) and the book 'Baker's Wedding Handbook: A Resource for Pastors'.  What do you think?

Other than that, today was a pretty ordinary Sunday.  I actually stayed in bed late and by the time I got up, Jody had the paper in, so all I needed to do was make coffee and have a seat.  I made our breakfast and headed out to the chickens.  There was no chicken massacre last night, and the four Wyandotte's survived the night with no obvious scars.  It was moving day for all the younger chicks today;  the seven intermediate chicks were transferred to the Wyandotte's old digs, and the fourteen littlest girls were moved into the intermediates old quarters.  ALL the bigger chicks (the old guards plus the Wyandotte's) were VERY INTERESTED in the newest girls who had been housed inside the front barn in a water trough.  They are doing fine, everyone seems happy.  I think I have one intermediate girl that is not doing particularly well, and I think there are (at least) two of the youngest chicks that are of a male persuasion.  Too bad for them!

Miguel and I got a lot of other stuff done around the house, and things are going nicely.  Always plenty of work to be done!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MOVING DAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment