Sunday, April 28, 2013

2013 - Day 118/247 - Sunday...

I DID NOT SLEEP A WINK LAST NIGHT.  Okay, I am (probably) exaggerating, but I did not sleep comfortably at all.  I think I was too tired to sleep. and the self-medication was not working t all.

We had a couple Passion Vines added to the landscaping, and they were covered with buds.  I hope they keep blooming over the summer, they are beautiful.  The Morning Glories have started climbing up the trellis as well, so that is good.  Hopefully there will b e some blooms in another couple weeks.  The grape vines we planted a couple years ago seem to really have their roots down this year, and there are baby grapes all over the place.  Things look to have settled in pretty nicely, time will tell.

We recorded 0.36" of rain overnight, so that is good.  Miguel came out this morning, and even though there were spells when I just kind of sat in the Polaris and stared into the big middle, we got a lot of stuff done and things are looking pretty nice.  Maintenance is really a killer.  I told Jody that, when we were looking at this place years ago, I must have just thought there would be no weeds, that things would just magically stay maintained.  BUT THEY DON'T, and there is a lot of maintenance to be done.  There is ALWAYS something to do around here.

The girls are all doing nicely, and we are not short of chickens, that is for sure.  It hit me today that, once all the girls start laying, it would not be unusual for us to gather two dozen eggs a day, and probably more than that.  I told Jody I would set him a little stand up at the front of the driveway and he could sell eggs.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TO DO OR DON'T, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment