Saturday, April 13, 2013

2013 - Day 103/262 - Saturday...

Today was a day, indeed.  I got up this morning about 5:30 because I needed to leave the house about 7:15 to meet up for a training ride.

Made coffee, read the paper and then cooked some bacon and a pile of eggs for me and Jody.  I got everything loaded in the truck and took off.  I got to Leander in plenty of time for the ride, and it was a good ride.  A little over 23 miles with some pretty good confidence building inclines  Got it done in just about an hour and a half.  I stopped along the way to take this photo of a wildflower that I had not seen before, looks like a hibiscus, but not sure what it is.  After I took the photo, I fell over into the gravel on the shoulder of the road because I had been too lazy to unclip both of my feet from the pedals.  FIRST time in all the years I have ridden to fall over.  CRAZY.

Then, on the way home, I stopped in Georgetown to buy some cattle feed, and when I adjusted the bike in the bed of the truck to get the feed loaded, the bike shifted and i ripped my front tire and the tube.  SO, it looks like I will be making a trip to the bike shop later this week, so I can get that fixed.  There is just one more training ride next weekend before the ride on the 27th.  I did 23 miles today, not sure what I will do next week, but I am pretty comfortable that I will be able to do the 50 miles on the 27th without a lot of trouble.  We shall see.

Tonight the Silver Laced Wyandottes are going to be evicted from their home and moved into the big coop with the big girls.  I expect there will be some pecking going on, but they will be able to survive it.  The first couple days will be the hardest.  There will always be one girl that is getting pecked on by the others, and usually Vera is doing the pecking.  She thinks (and kind of knows) that she is special.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EVICTIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment