Sunday, April 21, 2013

2013 - Day 111/254 - Sunday...

As opposed to yesterday, today played out just exactly as I thought it would...

I don't remember these Iris being quite this orangy...I remember them being more of a burnt orange, but I guess this is the best they could do this year.  PLUS, it is not every day that you see any kind of an orange Iris.  I'm just sayin'.

I did not get out of bed until about 6:30 this morning and that was good.  When I got up, I made coffee, read the paper (all the usual stuff) and made me and Jody a pile of eggs.  Then it was out to the yard.

I got grass cut in the front and some in the back.  Today was the first day that the regular lawn mower was started for the year, and it took a little doing.  BUT after it started, it was just fine.  Miguel came out today, and he was busy trying to re-edge the front walkway, and then there were cattle to feed.  There is a short somewhere in the electric fence and I can't find it.  There is always tomorrow.

Cutting the grass had a few challenges.  The chickens cannot quite get a grasp on the concept that the riding lawnmower is bigger than they are.  We almost Vera a couple times, she came close to being a victim on henocide.  New word, I will take all the credit.

This will be a relatively average week, I think.  But that could change.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HENOCIDE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment