Friday, April 19, 2013

2013 - Day 109/256 - Friday...

It is Friday and I am beat!

Last night, Jody got his anniversary gift a little bit early, about two months early.  In June, we will start our 22nd year together, but that is still two months away.  ANYWAY, after twenty two years, there is really no reason to wait for particular days or dates to do things.  We have always liked these Purple Martin houses, and we had a smaller version of this down at the farm in Red Rock.  We were out in the back pasture a week or so ago, and we were looking at the old Martin houses back there, and decided it would be good to go ahead and get this colony going.  I called the guy (Danny) at Purple Martin Propagators and he came out last night and installed this.  We have about a two week window to get Martins in this colony going this year, or it may be next year before we get any action here.  BUT, the Martins are still on the move in the area, so we will keep our fingers crossed.  I like the looks of these propagators anyway, so even if we don't get birds this year, it is another piece of yard art.

Today was not the best day I have ever had.  My iPhone was failing, and the get the new iPhone, I needed to back up the existing phone.  Could not get that done, I even went to an off-site place to get it backed up (APPLE REFUSED TO DO IT, thank you very much), and the guy THOUGHT it was backed up, so I went and got the new iPhone.  Backup did not work, all my data (okay, just most of it) is gone.  Woe is me.  I believe I will get most of it restored within the next week or two, but it is not going to be fun.  In the meantime, I have to carry my iPad around so I can know what I am doing from one day to the next.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PROPAGATORS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment