Saturday, April 27, 2013

2013 - Day 117/248 - Saturday...

MY BUTT HURTS...

Well, let's just say it in not really that comfortable right now.  I finished the Hill Country Ride for AIDS this afternoon, so I am pretty happy about that.  No injuries, no embarrassments, not too much pain.  I got up this morning about 5:30 I think, and we headed out to Reunion Ranch about 6:45.  The 100 mile riders were just leaving as we were getting in.  Jody and I met up with our friends Steve and Mark, Steve is a really strong rider, and Mark was providing SAG for us.  The 50 and 70 mile riders were scheduled to leave at 8:30 but we didn't leave until almost 9 o'clock.

I also got a chance to visit with a lot of folks that I started riding with back in the last '90's;  Tom, Joe, Shannon, Ted (and I am sure I am forgetting a couple others).  It was a good ride, it started to get kind of hot about 12:30, and I started getting some leg cramps in my GOOD LEG at about mile 43, but not bad enough to keep me from finishing.  It was great to ride with Steve, I would head out on the course, he would catch up with me and hang with me as we rode. A good day.  We finished the ride about 2 o'clock, and heading home about a half hour later.

Just as we were about a mile from the house, there was a pretty incredible bolt of lightning, and a really loud clap of thunder.  The dog boy is not fond of either one, but we were home pretty quickly.  We have had about 0.35" of rain so far, and there is a possibility of storms very early in the morning.  My intention right now is to self-medicate, put the girls to be and get in the bed myself.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SORE BUTT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment