Friday, July 5, 2013

2013 - Day 186/179 - Friday...

Useless bit of trivia for the day:  Columbus's ship, the Santa Maria, weighed less than the Titanic's rudder.

It is FRIDAY!  Yippee!  I (kind of) have a day off tomorrow, but I do have to go into town, a quick trip, but it is kind of a drag to have to go and come back.  In and out, nobody gets hurt!

A couple years ago (or maybe last year) Jody gave me this Mexican Bird of Paradise plant and we planted it in the front flower bed.  Since then, it went down to nothing but is making a pretty good come back.  It is overwhelmed by Four O'Clock's and CHICKENS; I expect the chickens are harder on it that the other plants.  But it is doing pretty nicely, and putting up blooms.  I also found out that there is NO SUCH THING as a Mexican Bird of Paradise.  The plant have a botanical name that is about 35letters long and contains one vowel, but it is (allegedly) correctly known as the RED Bird of Paradise.  I read it on the Internet, so it has to be true.

I got a pretty good amount of work done in the office today, and made it home by about 5:30.  Life is good, at least I will be able to sleep a little bit later in the morning.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPY PLANTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment