Saturday, July 20, 2013

2013 - Day 210/164 - Saturday...

Totally useless trivia for the day:  By definition, "a vacuum cleaner (also called a vacuum or hoover or a sweeper) is a device that uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors."  The first attempts to provide a mechanical solution to floor cleaning were begun in England in 1599. Before vacuum cleaners, rugs were hung over a wall or line and hit repeatedly with a carpet beater to pound out as much dirt as possible.

You would think there would be trivia about a veritable plethora of trivial things, but it is not easy to find trivia about the trivial.  Maybe I should be looking under trivia about the trivial, and just go from there.

Today was certainly one for the record books.  I stayed in bed relatively late; I would have stayed in bed later but the sun was coming up and I knew the girls would be getting kind of antsy to be loosed, so I got up and loosed them.  Jody and I were still kind of sated from the dinner we had last night, but Jody ended up having some cereal and I had a pile of eggs for one.  Pretty good, too!

After breakfast I retired to my big blue chair, and took a nap.  Upon wakening, I went with Jody and the boy dog for his ride, then it was back down for another nap.  We went into Georgetown where we had lunch and then went to Target where Jody bought a new coffee maker. 

Then it was time for another nap, but preceding the nap, I VACUUMED the main living areas of the house.  We have two animals living inside the house that have a tendency to shed and the house gets a little bit fuzzy between visits by the housekeeper.  I can remember a time that I actually enjoyed vacuuming, and it was kind of a pleasant diversion this afternoon.  I may need to do it again every now and then.  The dog was not that thrilled about it, and I know for sure the cat was not that happy, but those are the breaks.

And then I took another nap.

I don't think my spell checker is working anymore...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, VACUUMING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment