Sunday, July 14, 2013

2013 - Day 195/170 - Sunday...

Useless trivia for yesterday (but it did not make the entry yesterday, so I saved it for today):  The Most Disgusting Items Ever Seen at a Garage Sale (or at least by the person I plagiarized this bit of trivia from): plus-size grey bras which were once white, a toilet plunger, plastic baby bottles with dried milk in the bottom, a parakeet cage encrusted with dried poop (anyone ever heard of bird flu?)

I don't know what you guys pick up at yard sales, but yesterday was the first time I went to a yard sale in a couple years.  I can usually just drive past them slowly and scope them out, and decide on the fly whether or not I want to stop.  The 'merchandise' at this particular sale was about 100 yards off the road, and I did not want us to get trapped and held hostage, so Jody parked on the road and I walked up to the sale.  This little item was had for a DOLLAH, just a buck, and I think it was a rare find, if I do say so myself.  I also got a rolling plant saucer (always looking for something to give the girls water in) as a little bit of lagniappe!  What could be better?

I worked my butt off today, and by four or five o'clock I was getting crabby and tired.  I did get a chance to talk to my friend Jennifer this morning, I was just leaving Home Depot with a pile of various wood pieces for one of the projects.  BUT, Miguel and I did manage to get the cattle fed, some flooring put into a new shed that we had put in last week, chicken coop cleaned and a new 'interior' window put in the 'interior' door of the coop, and we (mostly Miguel) cut the bloom off the Agave.  The winds shifted to the north this afternoon (temperatures plummeted to about 68 degrees at dinner time, almost forty degrees cooler than the same time yesterday), and the Agave was just swaying back and forth, so might as well cut it down.  The big plant is expected to croak now, but at least it will not die because it was uprooted.  I expect it to die, but I will do what I can to save it.

When I went to let the girls loose this morning, there was some very definite cock-a doodle-doing emanating from the coop, so there are two drag queens out there in the coop, and they are not going to be there for very long.  I expect they will be gone by the end of this week.  I need to call Victor and see if he wants them, or if you know anyone who would like a couple cross-dressing chickens, just let me know.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, YARD ART, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment