Monday, July 29, 2013

2013 - Day 210/155 - Monday...

Totally useless information (but maybe you can impress your friends and influence people) for the day:  ALACRITY  noun  uh-LAK-ri-tee - cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness:  We accepted the invitation with alacrity.  liveliness; briskness.  I was enjoying a telephone conversation with a friend of mine who used this word.  I do not remember the context of this particular piece of the conversation, but I have to admit we were cheerful.  It is ALMOST always a cheerful conversation when I get to speak with this friend, and I can only remember one meeting at which I was totally devoid of any alacritousness.  I am hereby making a vow to try and go to the end of the week making all my conversations full of alacrity.  Or at least until I learn a new word to totally boggle you with.  But right now I am busy chissicking, so it will have to wait until that is over.

Okay, it is on!  The next cruise is scheduled to leave Galveston on February 9th.  We will head to Key West, then on to the Bahamas.  Leave on a Sunday, return on a Sunday.  Get a room on a high floor because, as you know, it all rolls downhill!  I would also recommend a room with a window that opens or a balcony, just in case of a prolonged power failure.  Other than the ordinary care you should take to lessen the inconveniences of those (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) adventures, I expect it will be another blast.  Remember, what happens on those big boats stays on those big boats.  AND, if you happen to be a REALTOR® you can get some MCE credit along the way as well.  You do not have to be a RELTOR® to be part of our group though, just come ahead and sign up.  Gonna be fun!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHEERFUL READINESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment