Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 - Day 14/351 - Tuesday...

BEETS!  It's what's for dinner.  Along with some stuffed chicken breasts and green beans and a variation of a lovely Waldorf Salad.  Yummy.

There have been signs all up and down Highway 972 for about ten days saying that the road was going to be closes near Opossum Creek beginning yesterday.  That is the way I go to work EVERY DAY, and I like going to work that way.  There are not too many other ways I can get to work.  Okay, I guess there are several; one way makes my commute two miles longer, and other ways would mean my commute would be about 10 miles longer, minimum.  There are other ways that would add 20 to 40 miles each way, but we won't go there right now.

Yesterday evening, I came home down 972 just to see what was going on.  The road was not (really) closed, but there were barricades on either side of the bridge, so no vehicles could cross the bridge.  Nothing else, just the barricades.  No workers, nothing else.  This morning, as I was leaving the house, I made a mental note that I needed to go the other way to work, but as I drove, I got engulfed in thoughts (not unusual if you know me) and I was on auto-pilot and I ended up where the bridge was blocked.  Instead of going backwards and adding many miles to the trip, I headed off down a county road and ended up who in the hell knows where, but I eventually made my way to 971 which put me mid-way between Circleville and Weir.  I will try to remember not to get caught in my thoughts tomorrow and go the other way to begin with.

I also need to call someone in the county and ask them how long this project is expected to take.  There is no indication on any of the signs.  Somebodys cage is in need of a good rattling.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CANDY'S BEETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment