Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 - Day 4/361 - Saturday...

Something like this is (most likely) not going to happen in Central Texas over the next several days, but the forecast overnight low Sunday into Monday is 24 degrees, and then the low Monday into Tuesday is 21 degrees.  Then, following that, it warms back up to the mid-60's during the daytime hours and into the 40's overnight.  We will just have to make do the best we can.

Because tonight at midnight will be the HIGH temperature on Sunday and temperatures are supposed to drop throughout the day, I was a very smart guy today and got the cattle fed and most of the 'have to get done' chores completed that I generally get done on Sundays.  I am (to be honest) feeling very smug that I have gotten that stuff done, and I can just sit around on my butt for most of the day tomorrow.  There will be a few things I need to do...put fresh hay in the nesting boxes, stuff like that.  But otherwise, I think we are pretty prepared.  That is (honestly) yet to be seen, however.

I had a couple appointments to take care of early this afternoon, and I made a side trip to IKEA in Round Rock.  Even though they expanded the store and added a parking garage, I do not think the retail portion of the store is any bigger than it was before.  Maybe it is an optical illusion...maybe...

Jody and I went to the Crossroads CafĂ© (in beautiful downtown Schwertner) for dinner tonight.  You know it is downtown because there is a flashing light there (I think).  Good eats anyway.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SMUGNESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment