Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014 - Day 19/346 - Sunday...

Among other accomplishments today, we got one burn pile taken care of.  We have been here over five years and the environmentalist in me lost this battle.  When we first move here, we had some work done and we told the people that we did not want the stumps and limbs and stuff (stuff happens) burned, we wanted it shredded.  Til this day everyone thinks I am cray-cray.  They are actually pretty confident in their assessment because we are 'the people with the wind mills' (that is what they call the turbines).  BUT ANYWAY, I burned the first burn pile today, and it is all gone now.  I need to drag a lot more brush and dead tree carcasses to THIS PILE and burn it, probably before spring.

Immediately after setting the fire, I decided it would be prudent to see if there was a burn ban in effect, so I called Hubert.  He said I needed to call the Sheriff and tell them I was burning brush.  I called Williamson County SEVERAL times and got recordings of into a mail-tree that would not quit.  Then I called the Bartlett Police Department (more recordings) and then I called the Bell County Sheriffs Office and they patched me through to a REAL PERSON at Williamson County.  It was not an emergency, but there should be at least ONE PERSON answering the phones somewhere.

There was a chicken fatality today.  Just one of the Wyandotte's fell over dead.  Strange!

Tomorrow is a Holiday for some, not for me.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BURN PILES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment