Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 - Day 8/357 - Wednesday...

My first meeting this morning was at 7:30; the annual Austin Board of REALTORS®/Home Builders of Austin Housing Forecast.  I was asked to make the opening remarks to the assemblage as well as a couple other things.  One thing about being asked to speak at functions like this is, you do not have time to eat.  Not the worst thing in the world to happen.  As always, it was a great vehicle for the delivery of some very interesting statistics and the message going forward for the folks in and around Austin is nothing but good.  We are all truly lucky to be where we are at this time.

SO, that is what I was doing until about 11 o'clock, and then I had an 11:30 appointment at the Board.  I have not mentioned it yet, but when I left the house this morning there was a bit of drizzliness in the air.  It only got worse, although I was fortunate to get through traffic events and missed entirely the five vehicle debacle on IH-35.  There was some (not enough and it seems I am back to the Housing Forecast) talk about needed improvements to our infrastructure, but I think it is really too late for that.  We all just need to live close to where we work, but I don't always work in the same place, so that is a challenge.  One of the interesting topics was about micro-apartments, modular units installed by cranes that measure 10 feet by 30 feet.  It is kind of like living in one of those rooms at IKEA.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I am going to try and switch gears again, let's see how successful I am. 

Meanwhile, back at the Board...  My first Board of Directors meeting with me as the guide was scheduled to begin at Noon, but we were a little bit late getting started.  Overall, I think the meeting went well, and we all concluded the meeting without any blood shed or visible wounds.  There was one meeting after that, an orientation for incoming Directors (Steve and Jason) and I was back on the road and headed home by about 5:40.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to fix myself a celebratory bowl of ice cream.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment