Saturday, January 25, 2014

2014 - Day 25/340 - Saturday...

I had intended to stay in bed a little while longer than I did this morning, but the furry brown alarm clock, aka The Boy Dog in full whine mode this morning.  I do not think he really wanted anything in particular, other than to let us know that as long as he was awake the rest of us might as well be awake.

I paced myself in the chores department today.  I got the truck unloaded of cattle feed and got that all put up in the feed shed.  Then I was off to Berry Creek Park where I get a truck load of split pecan fire wood.  Again, I am not sure if that will last us the rest of this season or not.  Some of the wood is a mix of hickory and pecan, depending on how and what was grafted to what decades ago.  Getting the wood into the truck was no beg deal, but getting it out of the truck and stacked took a little bit longer.  Nothing terrible though, and Jody helped on that part of it.

I also got the chicken coop cleaned out today (a day earlier than usual).  All that REALLY needs to get accomplished tomorrow is to get the cattle fed, and I will plan to do that early in the morning.  I think Jody and I are planning to take a road trip somewhere, not sure where that will take us yet.  Hopefully we will just point the car somewhere and see where we end up.  That is usually the most fun!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WOOD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment