Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 - Day 24/341 - Snowpocalypse

Okay, let's cut to the chase and get this over with.  Yes, it was below freezing for about 18 of the last 24 hours.  Yes, there was (about 0.09") of precipitation, which froze on some surfaces in the area.  Yes, I played hooky from work today because a whole bunch of other idiots decided to go INTO work, therefore causing major traffic challenges on many of those previously mentioned surfaces.  I am including this obligatory photo of some of the precipitation that froze on some of the surfaces leading up to our house, solely because of peer pressure and the fact that it is expected.  I hope you are all satisfied!  PS:  It is supposed to be 70 degrees on Sunday, but we are expecting more cold weather in the middle of next week.

Even though I did not make it into Austin, I did make it in to Taylor and Round Rock.  I had intended to go into Taylor and then go into the office, but by the time I would have arrived, it would have been almost time for me to turn around and go home, so I chose not to sit in my car in the parking lot sometimes referred to as IH-35.  Instead, I went into Taylor and got a load of cattle feed then I went into Round Rock and made a visit to Barnes & Noble (when is the last time YOU were inside a bookstore?).  Our newspaper delivery was detained this morning so I picked up a paper.  I also picked up a couple meals for future consumption; one set of dinners from Chipotle and another set from Fire Bowl.  We should now be able to survive the rest of the weekend.

Tomorrow morning I have to unload the cattle feed an head over to Berry Creek Park and get the truck loaded up with firewood.  We are using more firewood this year than we did last year, so I like to have it in supply.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SOLID PRECIPITATION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment