Friday, January 17, 2014

2014 - Day 17/348 - Friday...

I went for my very first time to an In 'N Out Burger place.  Never-ever been to one, but had always heard good things about them, but though I have been to California a few times, never had an opportunity to stop.  They have opened two (maybe three) stores in and around Austin and I drive past one of them EVERY DAY that I go back and forth to Austin.  Chris and I spent several hours looking at properties and previewing more properties, and we decided to stop at In 'N Out on the way back to the office.  Parking was a bit of a problem, but we got our order placed and we were served within about 10 minutes.  The burger was good, the fries were good and the Barq's was good.  Nothing that I think I would gush over, but maybe that is just a California thing.  It is a good place to eat, not crazy ridiculously expensive, but not sure I would stand in a crazy long lone just to get one.  The clientele were friendly too, and bribery will get you almost anything!

My little soiree to the Emergency Room three days before Christmas (horrible case of sciatica, had them before, never like this and when you determine you cannot walk, crawl or otherwise move yourself from one place to another, you decide to go to the ER) caused a few notices to be delivered this week from that fine medical establishment.  It seems the total expense for my visit (Jody thinks we were there longer than 20 minutes, I am not so sure)  was about $1,300.  During my visit, I filled out some paperwork (I was able to get in on crutches), saw an intake person and then saw the doctor.  I was given a Tylenol with codeine and a steroid pill and sent on my way.  They were all very nice, $1,300 worth of nice to be exact.  My Blue Cross/Blue Shield covered almost 75% of the expense, so I guess I should be grateful.  I just hope I never have to visit a hospital emergency room for something really serious and survive.  I probably won't be able to afford it.

I have a class in the morning beginning at 8 AM, so I am going to hit it early tonight.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CULINARY TREATS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment