Monday, March 3, 2014

2014 - Day 62/303 - Monday...

Hahaha, I know a secret and I am not going to tell you.  See if you can figure it out, and if not, I will tell you all a week from today.

Cold as __________ (insert your own special description there) today.  When I woke up this morning, it was 23 degrees, the wind was from the north at 17 miles per hour, and the wind chill was -4 degrees Fahrenheit.  I had to look up the spelling of Fahrenheit, but not I have it.  Kind of the same thing with Chihuahua, no I can spell that with no trouble too.  What does a wind chill below zero degrees Fahrenheit have to do with a Chihuahua (or a group of Chihuahuas for that matter)?  I don't know either but if you think of something let me know.

All of this was just leading up to posting this photo of the warm (okay, HOT) embers in the wood stove in the living room.  It is COLD, but this stove is amazingly efficient and does a good job supplementing the heating system.

It is to be below freezing again tonight, but not as bad as last night.  We do have thunder-sleet to look forward to, and there is already talk (threats) of shutting down the city and county tomorrow.  I went to the HEB this evening to stock up on ice cream, but they did not have my favorite flavor of the season, so I came home empty handed.  I will have to make do with sugar free popsicles.  NEWS FLASH:  It has been two weeks since I had a jelly bean (I have three hundred pounds of jelly beans in the closet) and I may be weakening.  I can probably make it another night, though.  Wish me luck.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WARMISHNESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment