Tuesday, March 18, 2014

2014 - Day 77/288 - Tuesday...

Well, hello there boys and girls, I hope you are all well today, and ready for another exciting installment of the journal about nothing really.  In fact, today's topic (and pretty much the topic of every entry, is adoxography.  NO CUSSING, I am flattered that this journal could be considered adoxographous, thank you very much for noticing!

Last week when I was cruising the aisles of the HEB looking for ice cream and/or donuts (and walking out with nothing because of the guilt I would feel for throwing the jelly beans under the bus) I did come upon a batch of potted tulips that I thought were interesting.  This particular batch promise not only in the fact that they were all buds, but also because they showed promise of actually opening up and blooming (there was just the slightest hint of the color they would be).  There is nothing worse than to purchase a pot of (otherwise) abused bulbs that have been FORCED (FORCED I TELL YOU) to sprout and grow in a manner not found in nature (sort of like Ruby's hair, a color not found in nature).  The same goes for 'farm raised' chickens or 'store bought' eggs.  It is just not natural.  ANYWAY, these bulbs have bloomed out nicely on our kitchen table, and they are delightful.  I do have a little pang knowing that they will not be able to be transplanted into the yard.  Even if I wanted to, I will most likely forget exactly which 'dark spot' I have stored them in waiting for just the right time to put them in the refrigerator waiting for just the right time to plant them in the yard.  Nope, not gonna do it.  These bulbs are goners.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day, travelling off to one of our neighboring associations for a day long meeting and sage advice and counsel giving.  Wish me luck!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLOOMERS (not you Diane), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment