Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 - Day 70/295 - Tuesday...

Just because I make a comment about a 'snippet' of a conversation that was overheard in the recovery room on a colonoscopy clinic, everyone gets all freaky and starts telling me that it was TMI and, by the way, we wish you a speedy recovery.  THAT is what happens when one ASSUMES, especially if it was anything I said...

Work continues on the bridge that crosses Opossum Creek at CR 972.  This is from the other side of the bridge, and I was yelled at by construction workers (who were too far away to catch me) who do not believe that ordinary folk should be documenting their progress (or lack of it) for the ages.  Anyway, a little ways further up the road I spied a couple folks in orange reflective vests repositioning the sand bags used as ballast for one of the signs that proclaim 'BRIDGE OUT AHEAD'.  I stopped and asked them when they expected the bridge to be opened.  They responded that their part of the effort (keeping the signs upright) should be done in about ten days and they expected the bridge to be back open in about three weeks.  I was left to ponder to myself the fact that the signs declaring 'BRIDGE OUT AHEAD' would be removed in about ten days but the bridge work would not be completed and reopened for about a week after that time.  I expect there to be a rash of vehicular traffic careening out of control and ending up in the creek because there is no bridge; maybe the vehicles will just get stuck in wet cement.  Let your imagination run wild!

All that talk and the program will not let me upload the photo.  Bummer...

This is what happens when I listen to a David Sedaris book on CD.  I am nothing if not a style-plagiarist.  Sue me!

Otherwise, it was another good day in the office.  We had an office lunch welcoming our new front office (Administrative Goddess) Elyn.  A very nice young woman, and we are happy to have her as part of the team.

Tomorrow will be a couple interviews, one on the KVUE Midday News program and another by telephone.  I have decided that, if I don't like the questions I am being asked by the telephone interviewer, I will pretend I am on a Sprint commercial.  CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CREEKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment